Wednesday, June 11, 2008

K-Bar Bowie Knife destructive test



C'mon, that's all there is? He should've welded it back together and continued with the test!
Seriously, if you get one of these and baby it just a tiny bit more than he did, it'll probably do you OK.

If you want one, here's where to get it:

Actually, that is amazing performance, especially for such an affordable knife. Anyone remember the marketing hype for the, now defunct, Carbon V Trailmaster Bowie by Cold Steel? I'd say the Ka-Bar bowie measures up to that claimed performance, and at a third of the price. I don't know if the Cold Steel actually measured up or if it was just ad hype, but it's a moot point now anyway. I think Cold Steel still offers their bowie in carbon steel, but it's made in China now. The Ka-bar is made in USA; one of the few remaining holdouts.
I have a USMC Ka-bar, and now I am planning to get one of these bowie knives too.

No comments: